Knowing the result of your workout for the day is a good way to motivate yourself to push harder on your next schedule. Having a fitness tracker can help you in monitoring your progress and how well you did on a certain physical activity. Fitnesstrackerwatch.com.au offers a variety of stylish fitness tracker.
A fitness tracker is an activity tracker or a wearable device that you can wear to record your daily physical activity. Its main purpose is to gather data associated with the wearer’s health and fitness. It can record the heart rate, pulse, burned calories among other things.
How Fitness Trackers Work
Each activity tracker has different roles and uses to its wearer, depending on what the person wants to keep track of. Below is the list of the main purposes of fitness trackers:
- Checking vital signs. Most fitness trackers have a heart rate monitor function that measures the pulse while doing a physical activity or just having a rest. Trackers can also check your skin temperature and amount of perspiration. Combining this data with the pulse will help the wearer determine how hard they worked.
- Keeping track of calories. Activity trackers can monitor your calorie count by using your heart rate. It records how many calories you burned for the day and how many calories you consumed. This is a useful function for people who aims to lose weight.
- Measuring movements. More up to date trackers can also track the wearer’s movement. The gadget can figure out if you are idle, standing up, sitting, or lying down. It usually contains a barometer that measures the atmospheric pressure.
- Monitor sleep. Activity trackers can detect how well you sleep as well. Tracking the motion of the person while lying down to determine if you are awake, half-awake, fully asleep, or lightly asleep.
Other Functions Of High-End Trackers
Some fancier trackers have special features that are not available on basic activity trackers. Its purpose is to meet the personal needs and qualifications of its wearer and make their fitness tracking journey easier and convenient.
Water-resistant trackers for example are extremely handy for people who perspire a lot. Note that water-resistant trackers do not equate to waterproof trackers. Swimmers for example may opt to buy a tracker that is waterproof instead of just buying water-resistant trackers.
Some fitness trackers can also track your exact location. Activity trackers with built-in GPS are useful for people who often spend time doing their physical activities outdoor. Wearing a tracker with GPS will help a runner or cyclist determine the distance that they covered and how many steps it took them to reach their destination. This feature can also detect changes in the weather.
In this modern era, a smartphone is one of the most used and sought after gadget all over the world. Some activity trackers offer a feature where the owner can directly sync the data and information gathered by the device to their personal smartphones. This makes it convenient for the device owner since they only need to check 1 gadget to monitor their fitness progress among other things.
Gadget synced trackers have the ability to send messages to its owner. It sends alert messages if the person is idle for too long to encourage them to move or start a physical activity. It can also be considered as a fitness partner because some trackers can send a congratulatory message if the wearer achieves their fitness goal.
Types Of Fitness Tracker
Fitness trackers come in different forms, some are fancy, some are not, some can be lightweight while others are quite weighty. Women most especially, prefer stylish trackers, in fashion, and useful at the same time. Let’s compare these trackers so you can determine which one suits your lifestyle.
- Ring fitness trackers. This small fitness tracker can also be used as an accessory keeping you fashionable and fit at the same time. It lets you move freely while working out. People won’t even notice that you are wearing a tracker because some companies offer stylish ring trackers that do its job.
- Basic trackers. Most basic trackers are all in one tracker that can perform just as well as high-end trackers. Most of the time it’s placed on one arm before starting a workout routine.
- Fitness watches. Just like ring fitness trackers, fitness watches can be considered as a fancy accessory as well. Keeping you stylish without jeopardizing your fashion. This device is also called as smartwatch because aside from its fitness features. Smartwatches can also do a lot of other things like receiving phone calls, text messages, or store music. So get rid of that old fashioned watch now.
What Makes A Fitness Tracker Unique
Using fitness trackers while doing physical activities can benefit us in plenty of ways. This device is designed solely for the purpose of helping its owner achieve their fitness, health, and body goals. Keeping track of your progress is a good indication of how serious you are in reaching your dream weight or desired fitness condition.
Here are some of the advantages of having your own fitness tracker.
- Pushes you a little harder. A fitness tracker will remind you to get physically active every day. It does not care if you are feeling gloomy or lazy for the day, it will keep on pushing you to stay active no matter what.
- It motivates you. After a little push, your tracker will encourage you to do your routine harder next time. Since it can show you the number of calories you burned for the day, you will be motivated to work extra hard on your next workout to burn more calories and fats.
- Goal setting. This device will also help you set your goal. If you are preparing for a triathlon, you can set your desired distance per minute in the device. This way, you can figure out if how well you would do in the actual event and if there are any changes that you need to do in your preparation.
- Helps you stay healthy. Fitness trackers do not only monitor your physical activities and body mass data, but it also tracks your food and water intake. Remember that fitness training is much more effective if you watch your diet as well.
- Helps you stay focused. You no longer need to bring your cellphone on a run or short hike if it’s connected to your tracker. Your tracker will send you alerts whenever your phone receives a message and a call. This way, you will not be distracted by other things that you can do on your phone like playing mobile games and watching downloaded movies.
- Keeps you safe. There are a lot of instances where women who are doing physical activities outdoor faced unpleasant events. In 2020 alone, there are several reports of people assaulting runners or passersby. Since most trackers have built-in GPS, going solo on an outdoor activity can give your family and friends peace of mind. Entrusting someone with your tracker’s location will also put you at ease knowing that if something happens to you outside, they will be able to find you right away.
- It’s like having a personal fitness assistant in the palm of your hand. A smart personal assistant that you can command any time of the day, anywhere. You will be the one to set your goals in your tracker, and the device will only function according to the goals that you have set.
Is it worth it?
The answer is yes! When it comes to maintaining and securing our health, price tags shouldn’t matter. Your health and fitness condition should be on top of your priorities. Nobody else will benefit from you being healthy but your own body. When you get older your body will thank you for taking care of it very well.
Where can I buy a fitness tracker?
This device is available almost everywhere in the market. Malls, online shops, and most especially shops that sell gym equipment have a variety of fitness trackers to choose from. Basic to stylish and fancy trackers are easy to find.